- Had another pretty chill weekend. Hung out with friends, enjoyed some crepes, played some games, and enjoyed some nice weather.
- On Saturday we walked around the mall for a bit. I’ve been on the lookout for a lightweight jacket and was so excited when I found a Rogue One jacket that wasn’t too overtly branded and in my size. To make this better, the store had a sale so I finally got a Hufflepuff cardigan to rock my house pride.
- I picked up a new cookbook, Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi. I was expecting there to be a few recipes that I felt a bit ehh about, so it was a nice surprise when every recipe was something that I’d consider trying at least once. I made the mushroom and herb polenta for dinner on Saturday (pictured above) and Ryan demolished a plate. Definitely going to add that into our dinner rotation and I think I’m going to try out an eggplant recipe this weekend so I’ll let you know how that goes.
- For the fifth year, we continued our Valentine’s Day tradition of wine, pizza, and action movies. I’ve never been big into observing Valentine’s Day in the more traditional flowers, fancy dinner at a restaurant, greeting card kind of way. Our chill tradition is just perfect. Don’t have to stress about getting all dressed up, instead we cuddle up on the couch and watch some things blow up while chowing down on pizza.
- Very interesting article Nice Girls v. Kind Women. Goes along with another concept I heard Tessa Violet discuss (I think it was in that video) about how being kind does not mean never giving criticism or telling someone something they may not want to hear. It’s about your intent and that you are telling them in the kindest way you can in hopes it will help them.