Oh boy, it’s been a hot minute since I last posted a Friday 5.
- My parents were in town and we took a trip to the Virginia Aquarium. Since we’re zoo members we all got in for free this month.
- It’s Pride week! We went to the kick off at O’Connor Brewing and will be at PrideFest on Saturday.
- My parents brought down some furniture with them, we finally have our china cabinet and a bar cart. I was pleasantly surprised how well they fit into the room and after only a week I can’t believe they haven’t been there forever.
- Wonder Woman. See it. Trust me. So, so good. (Okay, I saw it opening weekend and not this week, but I’ve been thinking about it on and off since I saw it) Patty Jenkins directed a kick ass film and Gal Gadot is fan-fricking-tastic!
- If you’re in the Hampton Roads Area, you should come out to the Wells Theater in Norgolk on Tuesday at 7:30pm for the WHRO Salon “Origin Stories: Geek Diversity & Inclusion”. Yours truly will be sharing a story along with a few other local storytellers. (Doors open at 7pm, Free & Open to the Public) I’ve spent the passed few weeks rehearsing the story, mostly by myself in the car.
How has your week been?
It was my birthday last week and in honor of that I thought I’d share some things I’ve learned over the years:
(in no particular order)
Continue reading “31 Things I’ve Learned in 31 Years”
What really got me going on exercising and sticking with it was the Zombies 5k and Zombies Run apps.
As a gamer, I love the story, gathering supplies, building my base, all of it. And to do any of that I have to run, I have to move. It helps motivate me to actually get out there and run.
In addition to Zombies Run, here are a few ideas of geeky/gamer workouts: Continue reading “Gamer Workouts”
As we are coming up on the 2 week mark for my #100DaysofHealth challenge, I thought I’d share some reflections on how I’m feeling and the challenge so far.
Continue reading “#100DaysofHealth 2 weeks In”