Oh boy, it’s been a hot minute since I last posted a Friday 5.
- My parents were in town and we took a trip to the Virginia Aquarium. Since we’re zoo members we all got in for free this month.
- It’s Pride week! We went to the kick off at O’Connor Brewing and will be at PrideFest on Saturday.
- My parents brought down some furniture with them, we finally have our china cabinet and a bar cart. I was pleasantly surprised how well they fit into the room and after only a week I can’t believe they haven’t been there forever.
- Wonder Woman. See it. Trust me. So, so good. (Okay, I saw it opening weekend and not this week, but I’ve been thinking about it on and off since I saw it) Patty Jenkins directed a kick ass film and Gal Gadot is fan-fricking-tastic!
- If you’re in the Hampton Roads Area, you should come out to the Wells Theater in Norgolk on Tuesday at 7:30pm for the WHRO Salon “Origin Stories: Geek Diversity & Inclusion”. Yours truly will be sharing a story along with a few other local storytellers. (Doors open at 7pm, Free & Open to the Public) I’ve spent the passed few weeks rehearsing the story, mostly by myself in the car.
How has your week been?
- Last Friday I went to the opening of The Motherf**ker with the Hat at Generic Theater. Wow! It’s such an amazing, solid script and the performances were all superb. Highly recommend you check it out if you local. We hung out with friends after the show and then again on Saturday at a party. I’m grateful there is such a strong theater community in my area.
- Ryan told an amazing story at Tell Me More. I’ll keep an eye out for the podcast of his episode and post it here when it’s up.
- Dyed my hair this week. I’ve been thinking about it for a while and while we were at the store Ryan encouraged me to just go for it. I’m glad to have someone in my life who encourages me to stop overthinking and just do the thing.
- Discovered that while our neighborhood raccoon is very graceful when he’s climbing around on the treetops, he is not so graceful while running across the top of our fence. It reminded me of watching a seal on land. It was rather hilarious.
- If you are looking for a way to make a positive change and can’t make the DC march, check out this article. I will be marching in a local march this Saturday, you should join me!
Sorry if this week’s is a little bleh. Struggling and hurting a bit today as I know a lot of people are. Find something that makes you happy, give someone a hug, we all could use a little more love.
Recently, my sister-in-law has been posting Friday positives, which is a list of positive things that have happened that week. She had gotten the idea from another friend and I’ve seen similar ideas floating around for a while.
So much of our media seems to focus on the negative things in life, and while 2016 was overall a bit of a dumpster fire of a year; there were plenty of great things that happened in my life along with plenty of small events that just made my day a little better. So I’m going to start (and try to stick with) what I’m calling Friday 5 (for now, if anyone has any series name suggestions, let me know in comments). Five positive things that happened to me over the week and/or things I stumbled across that made me smile that I wanted to share with you.
So, here’s the first week of Friday 5:
Continue reading “Introducing: Friday 5”