It was my birthday last week and in honor of that I thought I’d share some things I’ve learned over the years:
- Over the long weekend, we caught a couple of the UEFA Euro 2016 games. The Germany vs Italy game had the most intense overtime. Almost everyone in the bar was rooting for Iceland to win against France, we wanted to see the underdog win but sadly their run was up. One guy in the bar did share a funny explanation of how Iceland’s team was picked. We’ll probably be catching the final on Sunday.
- Ryan and I started watching Penny Dreadful (it’s finally on Netflix!) and after only one episode we are hooked. Truly a gripping and terrifying show. The ending to episode two though… heartbroken.
- I’m 35% of the way through The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey. It’s a new take on zombies and I’m looking forward to seeing where the book goes from here and find out what is going on.
- Been listening to The Doubleclicks for just about a week straight after seeing their concert last week. It’s my happy place.
- I’ve just discovered and have played around with Prisma in the last week or so. I have a few favorite filters and a few that clearly do not work with my coloring.
This really made me giggle. What are your favorite network and device names?
Really looking forward to Krampus! Did anyone else think “it’s Ben Wyatt” when they saw Adam Scott? Just me?
The First Amendment has two clauses, the lesser known clause the “Establishment Clause” prohibits the government from ranking on religion over any others. That’s something a lot of people need to remember in today’s society.
I wonder if this was inspired by the Google April Fool’s Day hunt a few years ago, or if the April Fool’s Day was inspired by the game. Either way, I know a lot of people who will be searching for Pokemon in the real world.
We’ve all been pronouncing “He Who Must Not Be Named” wrong this entire time. Or was it all a trick so that we weren’t really saying his name?
In other pronunciation news I couldn’t get through the first 10 letters of this town’s name without becoming tongue-tied.
Decided to start posting a list of interesting things I’ve found around the internet on a weekly basis. Still trying to come up with a good name for the series. If you have any suggestions, let me know!
It never ceases to amaze me how much music impacts film and tv. Even a small change can completely shift the mood of a piece.
The Bloggess wrote a beautiful love letter to libraries that brought me to tears.
Here’s a fantastic cartoon explaining what sexist micro-aggressions are for “nice guys” who are trying but don’t realize how their actions are received. If only the feminist faerie were real.
Teaching Trigger Warnings an article that approaches trigger/content warnings in classrooms from a positive standpoint rather than just labeling millennials as lazy. It looks at how (when used correctly and not abused) they open up lines of communication to discuss troubling or traumatic events in an environment that is safe for everyone.